Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flower Pin Overload

Confession. I have fallen in love with fabric flowers.  They are the first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I snooze for the night.  Well ok, maybe my adoration of fabric flowers isn't quite that unhealthy, but it definitely borders on obsession.  They are the perfect accessory (says the girl who doesn't know how to accessorize) for almost anything.  Have a bare bag? Pop on a bright wool rosette. Is your sweater a little boring?  Zhuzh it up with a hand embroidered flower trio. Thanks to some very helpful tutorials, I was able to make a few myself.

First, I came across the flower pin/brooch tutorial that guest blogger Elycia gave at She Breathes Deeply. So cute. I love the colors Elycia chose for her flower, and the patterned fabric reminded me of some flannel I bought last weekend. Here is the result of my first try. If you like it, go visit the tutorial and Elycia's blog.



I also made a couple of flower pins from this tutorial over at Jones Design Company. So fun, fast, and easy.




Time to go make more!

1 comment:

  1. eeks! i'm so happy you liked the tutorial! thank you for letting me know you made one, it looks great! i love your colours.

    ReplyDelete