Sunday, October 10, 2010

Phase 1: Fat Loading

This weekend, Ross and I started taking our sublingual hCG drops, which meant that our journey on the protocol officially began.  Everything I read while researching the hCG diet stressed the importance of extreme fat loading during the first two days of the program.  Apparently, this is necessary because the hCG does not take full effect in the body until the third dose.  If we didn't load, we would experience extreme hunger and possibly lose structural fat reserves. Structural fat exists around organs to protect them, so losing it isn't ideal.  

We were told to load... and LOAD, we did.

Saturday
Breakfast: Donuts and chocolate milk
Lunch: Burrito, Doritos and soda
Snack: Vanilla soft serve
Dinner: Burger and cheese fries

Sunday
Breakfast: Leftover donuts
Lunch: Burger, fries and chicken nuggets
Dinner: Pizza, breadsticks and root beer
Dessert: Ice cream

To tell you the truth, loading wasn't nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be.  I do love food, but it just wasn't fun to sit there stuffing my face, especially since I'm a chunky girl!  It was rather embarrassing, if I'm being honest.  Within the first few hours, Ross and I both felt extremely lethargic and sick to our stomachs.  On Saturday night, we met friends at a burger joint as they passed through town on their way to vacation.  I had to stop several times to focus and breathe because the spread of food before me was so unappetizing!  Sunday was even worse but we powered through and are so glad that the VLCD portion of the diet is starting tomorrow.  Here's to losing!

No comments:

Post a Comment